Tuesday 28 September 2010

Alphabet Soup - Research

The word I chose from the randomiser was "Flatten". My immediate (and most literal) response was to simply "squash" the letter so the stem (in most cases) decreases in length making the letter still legible yet completely different from its original state. However, I wanted to explore more ideas (as explained in my design practice blog). When you flatten something, sometimes it becomes creased and it reminded me of some typography/logo designs I have already seen before...

FOLD IT
The negative space of the 'F' forms the letter 'I'- initials of the name.

PAGE FOLD
Similar to the previous design yet half of the letter' P' has been folded to reveal the letter 'F' in the part which is not. Both great uses of negative space and combining different letterforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment